In his inimitable style, UK-based law firm consultant Nick Jarrett-Kerr observes that managing partners are fully aware of the many dangerous half-truths that beset firms.
But ‘back bench’ partners continue to delude themselves with any rationalisations by which they can justify a 'do-nothing' attitude. Beaton Benchmarks world-leading studies of clients’ buying behaviour and perceptions of firms’ performance are the surest way for managing partners to capture the "hearts and minds" of their partners and staff to help them face the fact that these are fallacies:
1. We only do high level work
2. When the recession is over, all our work will come back
3. All our clients remain loyal
4. We are efficient at using technology
5. We are well-managed and disciplined
6. Commercial law is our route to success
7. We are well-known and highly regarded
8. The normal rules of economics don't apply to us
9. Clients always want a personal and partner-led service
10. The best business development is to do good work for satisfied clients.
Read the full article on Nick's blog is at http://nickjk.wordpress.com/.